Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training and Certification in Brussels
Our easy to understand, hands-on and fun learning methods will make it enjoyable to learn Lean Six Sigma.
An 3 day workshop to discover how Lean management refers to process optimization and waste elimination; and how Six Sigma projects are connected to quality improvement and client satisfaction. We will help you understand what Lean Six Sigma is and show you how you can use it to improve processes / eliminate waste.
- Learn how to improve business flow in Kaizen Event mode
- Learn to eliminate waste, streamline operations and prevent malfunctions
- Learn how to improve a process for the benefit of all stakeholders (customer, worker, owner)
- Understand the philosophy, principles and tools of Lean Management
- Learn how to deploy a Lean Six Sigma program
- Learn how to identify and define the problem to be solved and the improvement objective of the project
- Learn how to scientifically and sustainably solve simple quality (statistical) problems
After our 3 day program you will be able to act and think like a certified Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt member.
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training style : easy to understand, hands-on and fun learning methods.
Our workshops and business case programs use teaching methods which focus on the mental, physical and emotional development of participants. Their contents are specifically tailored to the training goals, the participants and your organizational culture.
Our teaching methods are both participatory and collaborative, involving problem solving, role-playing and project management. They offer motivating challenges and stimulate participants to invest in their training.
What is a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt?
Essentially, a Yellow Belt is versed in the basics of Lean Six Sigma Methodology and is primarily a support for operational excellence or improvement projects or someone who handles smaller teams and processes.
A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training can help the executives use appropriate problem-solving tools to define exceptional opportunities in their daily operations.
A Yellow Belt should also be able to come up with a set of metrics that the executives and the whole company can use to measure success and improvement. The Six Sigma part is all about numbers and hard data—so it’s your job to determine how to effectively tell if your changes are working.
The controlling aspect of a Yellow Belt’s expertise involves overcoming hurdles and difficulties when the Black Belts have moved on to another project in need. This means that you will continue to focus on the problems and the processes that will improve customer satisfaction by delivering cost effective products and services on a consistent basis.
As yellow belt, and in close collaboration with the Black Belt you also have to eliminate resistance, facilitate cooperation and determine which products, services or processes to target in order to start your company’s transformative change.
|3||Six Sigma Yellow Belt|
Solving simple statistical quality problems
Lean Six Sigma deployment
|1-2||Lean Management||Problem-solving of activity flows|
Lean Thinking (Business Game)
Kicking our Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training off with a little story about Lean principles and TPS (Toyota Production System). It shows you the Eastern way of thinking in improving processes. The two days are focused on a Lego Serious Play Production Plant Business Game helping you to understand Lean tools like the Value Stream Map. In this part you will understand value preservation focusing on eliminating non-value added resources or activities (waste) and a set of techniques and tools used for process improvement.
Days 1 and 2 – Lean Management module
- History and positioning of Lean Six Sigma
- DMAIC and Kaizen Event method
- Process capability: cycle time and Takt time
- Work in process, stocks, waiting time and Little’s law
- Value Stream Map (VSM)
- Load chart
- Analysis of added value and elimination of wastes
- Process Cycle Efficiency and Overal Process Efficiency
- Theory of constraints and line balancing
- Pull flow and kanban
- Visual management, poka-yoke, 5S
- Maximum Work in process (WIPmax)
- Flowcharts and process mining
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Kata and Short Interval Control
- Toyota Way
- Advanced operational optimization (self-study for those interested):
- Capacity management in the presence of variability
- Inventory optimization and sizing of kanban systems
Serious game: the group experiments in the classroom the Lean improvement method (Kaizen Event) on a role play simulating an end-to-end business process (receipt of orders, processing, billing, shipping).
Day 3 – Six Sigma Yellow Belt module
- History and positioning of Lean Six Sigma
- Deployment of Lean Six Sigma:
- Overall governance
- Process Management System
- Ambition and roadmap
- Lean Six Sigma Organization
- Roles & responsibilities (Champion, Sponsor, Process Owner, Belts)
- Project selection and follow-up process
- Expected benefits
- Typology of DMAIC problems and projects
- The 3 voices
- Critical To Satisfaction
- Kano model
- Problem statement, project objective and opportunity
- Project Charter v1
- MAIC method of solving simple statistical problems
- Problem metric
- Measurement plan
- Measurement system validation : precision and accuracy (agreement analysis)
- Defective rate
- Project Charter v2
- Analysis of Pareto
- Five Why’s
- Project Charter v3
- Search and selection of the solution
- Business Case
- Implementation of the solution
- Improvement validation
- Dashboard for monitoring the performance of the process
- Response plan
- Critical study of a case of DMAIC project
- Lean Management exam:
MCQ – 1,5 hours – 25 questions – closed-book.
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt exam:
MCQ – 1 hour – 20 questions – closed-book
Our Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training offer consists of a 3 day training at 1590€ (ex VAT) to prepare you to think like a Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt member and to execute related duties. Furthermore it contains the handbook, reading materials, ATO IASSC exam, beverages and light lunch.
A Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification trains you to identify wastes in order to design faster and responsive processes. It is also the first step to develop a continuous improvement and operational excellence working philosophy. It will help you to:
- Increase Efficiency
- Improve Quality
- Develop People Ownership and Effectiveness
- Reduce Costs
- Increase Customer Satisfaction
- Increase Revenue
Who are our clients?
We partner with clients from the private, public, and non-profit sectors in Belgium and abroad to develop their Lean Six Sigma skills, address their most critical quality and process improvement issues. Our customized consulting, learning and development approach implements the Lean Six Sigma insights at all levels of your organization. This ensures you to achieve sustainable continuous improvement in your efficiency, quality, people, cost, customer satisfaction and revenue issues.
Our service extends beyond our work: we promote the exchange of expertise between our consultants and your organization. We believe that co-creation between us is key to the success of your operational excellence challenges. Through the development of these synergies, we ensure your people to master Lean Six Sigma philosophy and to run it afterwards.
- Everyone involved in an approach of continuous improvement:
- DMAIC project team members
- Kaizen Events contributor or co-facilitator
- Managers and Board Committee Members wishing to understand the power of the DMAIC method as well as the tools of Lean Six Sigma.
Context and positioning:
- All sectors (services and industry)
- Operational problems to be solved
- Clients dissatisfaction
- Need for speed and fluidity of processes
- If you have a need for productivity and capacity enhancement
- There is a need to develop a Lean Six Sigma culture in the organisation
Lean Six Sigma Belgium prepare you to pass various types of certifications ABPMP® (175€), LSSB (175€), ASQ (see website) or IASSC™. Please contact us to select the right certification and for further information.
Lean Six Sigma Belgium is an IASSC accredited organization.
IASSC™ Accreditation does not constitute its’ approval or recognition of our own lean six sigma certification program. The only method to earn an IASSC certification is to successfully sit for and pass an official IASSC certification™ exam. We only upon request administer or provide access to IASSC Certification exams for an additional cost of 195$ for Yellow Belt.
More training info:
21 hours in classroom + 4 hours preparation (pre-reading + online introduction training) + 2 hours homework and study + 4 hours reading of 1 book = 33 hours
Our training efficiency is also high because of :
- prerequisites / high profiles of the attendees
- small groups (max. 12 people)
- pedagogy used (teaching skills, practical cases and business games in classroom)
- one learning test and individual remediation