Why organizations should use it? To involve everyone to touch and understand processes and related purposes leading everyone to consider flows from end-to-end and collaborate across verticals to optimize those flows.
How organizations should use it? Through « go, see and ask why » actions.
What is it for? Material and information flow map through walk.
Gemba Walk steps are composed of:
- Walk to the actual place where the action is taking place
- Getting of facts about the actual thing or activity
- Grasp of the whole situation
- Generation of reasons supporting what is happening
- Establishment of corrective actions or countermeasures