Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training and certification in Brussels
Discover everything you need to successfully launch your Lean Six Sigma project
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is a interactive workshop to discover how Lean management refers to process optimization and waste elimination; and how Six Sigma is connected to quality management and client satisfaction. Our easy to understand, hands-on and fun learning methods will make it enjoyable to learn Lean Six Sigma.
This 6-day Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training provides you an effective course + exam of what you, as effective team member or expert, are required to perform as a Certified Green Belt.
- Learn how to improve business flow in Kaizen Event mode
- Learn to eliminate waste, streamline operations and prevent malfunctions
- Learn how to improve a process for the benefit of all stakeholders (customer, worker, owner)
- Understand the philosophy, principles and tools of Lean Management
- Learn how to deploy a Lean Six Sigma program
- Learn how to identify and define the problem to be solved and the improvement objective of the project
- Learn how to scientifically and sustainably solve simple quality (statistical) problems
- Learn how to scientifically and sustainably solve complex statistical problems, including reducing the variability in the quality characteristics of products and services
- Learn to statistically control manufacturing and service processes and drive continuous quality improvement
- Learn how to achieve a first level of operational performance (sigma <4)
After this 6 day program you will pass the certification exam and act like a certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt member.
Dates & Pricing
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training: 6 days – 3250€ ex vat
- 3, 4, 5, 13, 16 & 17 Dec 2019 – Brussels (ICHEC – Montgomery) – 5 places left
- 12, 13, 16 March, 3, 4 & 5 June – 2020 Brussels
- 14, 15, 18 May, 3, 4 & 5 June – 2020 Brussels
- Link to french speaking dates
Six Sigma Green Belt training: 4 days – 2400€ ex vat
- 5, 13, 16 & 17 Dec – 2019 Brussels
- 16 March, 3, 4 & 5 June – 2020 Brussels
- 18 May, 3, 4 & 5 June – 2020 Brussels
Certification: 175€ ex vat
Subsides: Région Bruxelles & Chèques Formation Wallonie
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training Program
This Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training is a structured and disciplined management method based on process improvement targeting quality. We will teach you a method that aims at reducing the risk of going outside of the client’s expectations by delivering perfect products and services on a consistent basis. It will focus on all types of processes owing to organization complexity and process internalization.
This training is divided into two parts. The lean management part (2 days) of the training refers to value preservation focusing on eliminating non-value added (waste) resources or activities. The Six Sigma part (4 days) is a set of techniques and tools used for process improvement.
|4-6||Six Sigma Green Belt||Solving complex quality problems – Basic level|
|3||Six Sigma Green Belt|
Solving simple statistical quality problems
Lean Six Sigma deployment
|1-2||Lean Management||Problem-solving of activity flows|
Lean Thinking (Business Game)
Kicking our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training off with a little story about Lean principles and TPS (Toyota Production System) shows you the Eastern way of thinking in improving processes. The two days are focused on a Lego Serious Play Production Plant Business Game helping you to understand Lean tools like the Value Stream Map. In this part you will understand value preservation focusing on eliminating non-value added resources or activities (waste) and a set of techniques and tools used for process improvement.
Days 1 and 2 – Lean Management module
- History and positioning of Lean Six Sigma
- DMAIC and Kaizen Event method
- Process capability: cycle time and Takt time
- Work in process, stocks, waiting time and Little’s law
- Value Stream Map (VSM)
- Load chart
- Analysis of added value and elimination of wastes
- Process Cycle Efficiency and Overal Process Efficiency
- Theory of constraints and line balancing
- Pull flow and kanban
- Visual management, poka-yoke, 5S
- Maximum Work in process (WIPmax)
- Flowcharts and process mining
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Kata and Short Interval Control
- Toyota Way
- Advanced operational optimization (self-study for those interested):
- Capacity management in the presence of variability
- Inventory optimization and sizing of kanban systems
Serious game: the group experiments in the classroom the Lean improvement method (Kaizen Event) on a role play simulating an end-to-end business process (receipt of orders, processing, billing, shipping).
Day 3 – Six Sigma Green Belt module
- History and positioning of Lean Six Sigma
- Deployment of Lean Six Sigma:
- Overall governance
- Process Management System
- Ambition and roadmap
- Lean Six Sigma Organization
- Roles & responsibilities (Champion, Sponsor, Process Owner, Belts)
- Project selection and follow-up process
- Expected benefits
- Typology of DMAIC problems and projects
- The 3 voices
- Critical To Satisfaction
- Kano model
- Problem statement, project objective and opportunity
- Project Charter v1
- MAIC method of solving simple statistical problems
- Defective rate
- Project Charter v2
- Analysis of Pareto
- Five Why’s
- Project Charter v3
- Search and selection of the solution
- Business Case
- Implementation of the solution
- Dashboard for monitoring the performance of the process
- Response plan
Days 4 to 6 – Six Sigma Green Belt module
- MAIC method of solving complex statistical problems
- Basic statistics and data types
- Project Y and definition of the defect
- Measurement plan
- Validation of the measuring system
- Sample collection and data validation
- Analysis of the Voice of the Process
- Process capability
- Project Charter v2
- Analysis process of Y = f (X’s)
- Ishikawa diagram
- Introduction to inferential statistics (notions of confidence intervals)
- Studying the influence on variation and central tendency: boxplots, comparison of confidence intervals
- Scatter plots and contingency tables
- Project Charter v3
- Statistical validation of the improvement
- Statistical process control
- I-MR, Xbar-R, Xbar-S, P and NP, U and C control charts
- Response plan
- Case studies of DMAIC projects
Serious game: In-class experimentation of the method on a service level improvement case (paper flying machines).
Using the Minitab 18 Software.
Optional : Practical Certification
Our offer consists of a 6-day training at 3.250€ (ex VAT) to prepare you to pass the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt exam (Six Sigma Green Belt in 4 days also possible). Furthermore it contains the handbook, reading materials, exam, certification, beverages and light lunch. (Training dates see below)
Our training and business games use teaching methods which focus on the mental, physical and emotional development of participants. Their contents are specifically tailored to the training goals and the participants. Our teaching methods are both participatory and collaborative, involving problem solving, role-playing and serious games. Therefore they offer motivating challenges and stimulate participants to invest in their training.
Who are our clients?
We partner with clients from the private, public, and non-profit sectors in Belgium and abroad to develop their Lean Six Sigma skills, address their most critical quality and process improvement issues. Our customized consulting, learning and development approach implements the Lean Six Sigma insights at all levels of your organization. This ensures you to achieve sustainable continuous improvement in your efficiency, quality, people, cost, customer satisfaction and revenue issues.
Our service extends beyond our work: we promote the exchange of expertise between our consultants and your organization. We believe that co-creation between us is key to the success of your operational excellence challenges. Through the development of these synergies, we ensure your people to master Lean Six Sigma philosophy and to run it afterwards.
Context and positioning:
- All sectors (services and industry)
- Need for a scientific and structured approach of problems solving and decision-making process (operations and business decisions)
- Quality problems of products or services
- Implementation of a Lean Six Sigma programme in an organisation
Target Audience :
- Continuous Improvement Project Managers (all sectors)
- Operations Managers (all sectors)
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers
Prerequisite: None. It is recommended to have preliminarily followed the Training Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
Lean Six Sigma Belgium prepare you to pass various types of certifications ABPMP® (175€), LSSB (175€), ASQ (see website) or IASSC™. Please contact us to select the right certification and for further information.
Lean Six Sigma Belgium is an IASSC accredited organization.
IASSC™ Accreditation does not constitute its’ approval or recognition of our own lean six sigma certification program. The only method to earn an IASSC certification is to successfully sit for and pass an official IASSC certification™ exam. We only upon request administer or provide access to IASSC Certification exams for an additional cost of 295$ Green Belt.
IASSC only recognize the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt 6 day program and not the 4 days.
42 hours in classroom + 4 hours preparation (pre-reading + online introduction training) + 6 hours homework and study + 12 hours reading of 2 books + 12 hours coaching (optional practical assignment).
Our training efficiency is also high because of :
- prerequisites / high profiles of the attendees (admission examination)
- small groups (max. 12 people)
- pedagogy used (teaching skills, practical cases and business games in classroom)
- three learning tests and individual remediation